Monday, August 14, 2017

Sunday July 9

I saw President Sesay this morning at the Forut Branch and he told me about the boy drowning (which I already knew) but he added "They found the body this morning and removed it from the river but the fish had eaten his eyes, nose and parts of his face. The funeral is today because his body has already started to decompose."

In Sunday School today the lesson was on "Establishing the house of the Lord". There were about 20 people in the class and I was the only one who had been to the Temple. The young man was doing a great job until the class members started asking questions about the Temple and the young man, with the help of some of the men who only imagined they knew what they were talking about, was teaching false doctrine. I let it go so far and then I asked if I could explain about the Temple. Every person in that room was glued to my every statement. They were sponges, soaking it all in and were in awe of what beautiful blessings await them. I apologized after the class to the young man who taught the lesson for stepping in. He said, "Oh, no you are part of the class and you can make contributions. I learned from you. Thank you." Gracious!

No comments:

Post a Comment