Sunday, May 14, 2017

Saturday - February 25, 2017 -
The Sister Missionaries in Makeni invited us to dinner
tonight and as we visited I asked them what the white cream is that I see on many
small children. Their response was "it is medicine to relieve the itch of chicken pox".
Don and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. My response was "it's a good
thing I got a shingles shot before I left home". (See Feb. 23rd entry)
The Sisters (Sister Aphaid and Sister Favourita) had 12 appointments today and only 8
of them kept their appointment. They were kind of bummed out about the 4 missed
appointments but I think 8 discussions in one day is an awesome achievement. We had
such a fun time with them. They have this goofy gas stove that you light the top and
the bottom. They have not mastered it yet and things turn out really odd. They made a
"sponge cake" as a birthday cake for Sister Favourita's father who lives in Nigeria.
When Sister Favourita brought it to the table it was still runny in the middle. I told her
it was not done and showed her how it sloshed in the middle. She laughed and put in
back into the oven and turned the heat up. It turned out OK. Then her companion was
telling me about the day Sister Favourita made homemade bread and it came out
"BLACK!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment