Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November 6th, 2016

The electricity came on at 8:15 this morning. It was a really hot night until about midnight when the rains showed up. It was Torrential! But that is good. The wells will be filled.

We had 2 young missionaries (Elders Turner from Arizona and Baddo from Ghana) over for lunch today. I made a Texas sheet cake and Elder Turner took one bite and said "Texas Sheet cake, ummmmmm!" His favorite. We got talking about thanksgiving and how we miss our American holidays. We decided to get together for Thanksgiving but will have to celebrate a different day because Don accepted an invitation from one of the other American NGO who is having all the Americans he knows over for dinner that day. Since Elder Turner wants Texas Sheet cake for our celebration, I asked Elder Baddo what he is hungry for and I immediately said, "I am not making foofoo!" Oh, that started such a fun discussion. But, after the fun, he did not hesitate to say "Pizza". Really, when did Africans start eating pizza? I asked him what he likes on his pizza and he said "onions, only onions". A man after my own heart. Elder Turner said he likes BBQ Chicken. Ah, another man after my own heart. So, I told them I could make the crust and the only expensive part would be the cheese. But, for Thanksgiving, who holds back? No one. We will have our pizza.

6:00 p.m. The electricity is off again. It looks like another hot night. I hope the rains come.

No comments:

Post a Comment