Sunday, April 24, 2016

March 20, 2016

Went to church across the road and oh how the African people love to sing at the top of their lungs. Church was very good. The theme was Seminary and Institute. They called Seminary and Institute students out of the audience to share an experience and their testimony. Then they asked the Branch President to speak and he deferred to someone else. They all did an awesome job. Then in Sunday School the teacher talked on the same subject and was passionate. Very good lesson and excellent teaching skills. Relief Society was a joy. This young woman sat next to me and was curious about me. I felt the slightest touch on the back of my neck, then on my right shin and then on one of my fingers. At that point, I place my hand on her knee and that was all she needed to feel my fingers and my hands and my finger nails. She learned I am just like her. I feel no different I am just a different color. After church was over I could not get her to talk to me. I think maybe she is slow or maybe doesn't speak English. I don't know. I asked her her name and she said "Mariamba". I met several nice women and one was holding a baby and she introduced me to the baby as "grandma carley". I learned from one of the other ladies that if you are an older woman, you are addressed as "grandma" or "auntie". We invited the 4 missionaries and the Miles over for dinner tonight. The elders were not around so at 6:00 the Miles came over and we had dinner. I made Hawaiian Haystacks for supper using homemade cream of chicken soup (which was quite good). The Missionaries showed up about 8:15 and they ate. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day.

Block from the grandkids: From Elizabeth: "Today you're you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is you're than you!" Dr. Suese. Cholena wanted to know "what has been the biggest challenge since arriving in Africa?" The answer "understanding the language". March 20, 2016 - Sunday M

No comments:

Post a Comment