Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Nov 26, 2016 - Jeanne smells like dead fish

I had some stew meat in the freezer that got thawed so I decided to cook it. I put it on
the stove on a mild simmer and promptly forgot it. Much later I began to smell
something and went looking for what it was. When I opened the kitchen door, the
kitchen was filled with smoke. The pot had boiled dry and the meat was burned to the
bottom of the pan. I set the whole pot outside. I left the door open but I stayed in the
kitchen and worked. Later in the day, Don asked if I wanted to take Bob to the store to
get ice cream. Sure! When we got in the car Don said, "what stinks in here?" I told
him about burning the meat and then working in the smokey kitchen and said perhaps
my clothes absorbed the scent of the burned meat. After we got our ice cream and got
back into the car, Don said, "at least it doesn't smell like a dead fish in here". Bob did
not hear Don's whole comment, he only heard "smell like a dead fish in here" and he
said very loud from the back seat. "it's grandma!".

No comments:

Post a Comment