Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 24, 2016

I stayed home to clean and cook. Don went to the office and then at 5:00 p.m. Went to the seabird (a speed boat that takes passengers across the bay from the airport to Freetown) and picked up Elder Declan Madu, Area Seventy, for West Africa. They came home and Elder Madu was very hungry. I was going to make sweet and sour chicken for dinner and then thought better of it because I wasn't sure an African would like sweet and sour. I asked Geneba, the Doe's nanny, to help me. She taught me how to make peanut Butter sauce. It sounds gross but it is actually quite good. It is a comfort food for the natives. It is made from tomatoes, onions, chicken and peanut butter and water. Elder Madu ate 3 BIG plates full. He came from Nigeria, but it took him 48 hours. There was a lot of waiting at the airports. I don't think he ate in all that time. The 4 missionaries came over from next door and we sat for about an hour and visited with Elder Madu. It was such a sweet experience. When He got up to leave, he asked about breakfast. I told him I love to cook and I would make him anything he wanted. He is a very regimented and precise man. He said he wanted cereal, a boiled egg, and fruit "if I have it".

No comments:

Post a Comment